The Best Portable UV Water Purifier for Drinking Safely
How would you ensure your drinking water is safe? In 2018 alone, there were 8453 reported cases of issues related to water safety.
If you live in a developed country, you think drinking water is something you don’t have to worry about then you are wrong.
Water crises in Flint Michigan and frequent outbreaks of Legionella and Mycobacterium in tap water from residences and office buildings across the US demonstrated developed countries are no different. Moreover, even some of the additives added to the water recently found by the FDA to be contaminated by the deadly bacteria called Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Lack of regulations in home, office, and building makes this even worst. If you have older and degrading water pipes, your water most likely would have deadly pathogens.
What are the most common bacterial diseases spread by the water?
- Legionnaires: is a pneumonia-like disease caused by inhalation of Legionella bacteria. Most of the recent outbreaks of the disease linked to the water systems (showerheads, bathtubs, fountains) in the buildings. Specifically, equipment that produces mist.
- Escherichia Coli: caused by bacterial water contamination due to human and animal feces. Majority of the outbreaks have been linked to contaminated municipal water supplies.
- Hepatitis A: Contagious liver disease spread by the Hepatitis A virus. Wells are more susceptible to the Hepatitis A contamination, especially after the flooding.
- Giardia Lamblia: Giardiais a microscopic parasite that causes the diarrheal illness known as giardiasis. Caused by water contamination due to human and animal feces.
- Salmonella: Salmonellosis is an infection caused by the bacteria called Salmonella may be found in water sources such as private wells that have been contaminated with the feces of infected humans or animals. Waste can enter the water through different ways, including sewage overflows, sewage systems that are not working properly, polluted stormwater runoff, and agricultural runoff. Wells may be more vulnerable to such contamination after flooding, particularly if the wells are shallow, have been dug or bored, or have been submerged by floodwater for long periods of time.
Besides the microbial contaminants, in a study done by Fredonia indicates that 93% of bottled water in the US contains microplastics. Moreover, the study found that there is an average of 10.4 large plastic particles and 314 small plastic particles per liter of water.
In simple measures, If I drink one liter of bottled water per day, I could drink tens of thousands of microplastic particles each year. More information about the report can be found on Orb’s website.
I haven’t even covered the other nasty ways the household water gets contaminated. EWG (Environmental Working Group) compiled 28 million water records collected from nearly 50,000 water utilities that go to 280 million people in the US. What they found isn’t pleasant.
40,000 (81%) water systems have contaminates that are linked to cancer.
9,000 water systems contain lead at the level that may be harmful to children.
250 million Americans are drinking hexavalent chromium.
7 million Americans are drinking an unsafe amount of nitrate (which is used as a fertilizer chemical). Over 250 chemicals and more than 160 contaminants are present in America’s drinking water.
The combination of microplastics, bacteria, mold, parasites, chemicals, and heavy metals make the water dirty and dangerous for humans.
The United States is one of the most developed countries in the world. If that’s the status of water in the US, imagine what it is like in the rest of the world. In many countries, tap water isn’t even drinkable.
This is a special concern for travelers. At home, you can get away with a high-quality water purification system. If you have a good water filtration device, then you don’t need to worry about the water quality in your house.
The problem arises when I’m traveling, going to business events or going on trips with friends. Sadly, I can’t carry my water filtration system everywhere I go. That’s where CrazyCap comes in. CrazyCap can ensure water safety from some of the dangerous pathogens and deadly bacteria and viruses.
CrazyCap: The Best Portable Drinking Water Filter
Now no one has to worry about the safety of the water they drink no matter where they are in the world. People can go on camping trips for days without carrying loads of safe water prior to the trip.
The way CrazyCap works is as easy as it can get. I fit the CrazyCap on any cola-style bottle. Then all I have to do is touch the sensor at the top of the CrazyCap two times to activate the normal mode (which is used to clean normal water). To filter water from questionable water sources with high bio-contamination, I can touch the sensor five times to activate the crazy mode.
It also cleans the bottle automatically, so there is no need to wash it after using it. What else does it do? It achieves chemical-free sterilization up to 99.99% and prevents mold or bacterial growth in the bottle.
Another reason CrazyCap is the best portable drinking water purifier for travel is that I don’t have to slowly suck water from anywhere. I can drink water normally after it does its magic in approximately 2 minutes upon activation.
I also don’t have to worry about drying up the water bottle or the filter. After charging fully once, I get a dry battery that lasts up to one month. And the best part is that CrazyCap doesn’t occupy any additional space or weight in the bag, which is super convenient for traveling. See complete features of CrazyCap here.
Everyone can now enjoy traveling without worrying about the safety of the water. So if you’re ready to take a sip of safe water anywhere in the world, pre-order CrazyCap today at a discount with zero shipping free all over the world.